|rosanista.tripod.com||Simplified Scientific Christianity|
The system herein set forth is an analytical method of reading the horoscopic chart. It is developed along the lines indicated by Max Heindel in The Message of The Stars. It consists simply in combining the keywords of the planets, signs, and houses to form key-phrases, key- sentences, and key-paragraphs; then the final summing up of these to arrive at a composite judgment.
By this method anyone can read the message of a chart in a fairly intelligent manner. There has been an idea in the past that a high degree of intuition was necessary before one could hope to do this. But this idea has largely been disproved. Anyone who can combine simple elements and reason from cause to effect can combine the keywords in a chart to ascertain at least the essential part of its message. Reference to dignities, exaltations, retrogradation, interception, and other minor factors is omitted, as only the advanced student needs to consider them.
Steps No's. 1 to 9 inclusive are preliminary and analytical in character to show the student the reasoning which must be done, consciously or subconsciously, before the summation in Step No. 10 is possible. With practice, however, the students will arrive at the point where they will be able to omit the first nine steps and give the net result of No. 10 without this preliminary work.
1. Determine the nature of the aspect, harmonious or inharmonious in the one case indicating that good judgment is used, and in the other that the person goes to extremes in the activities indicated by the aspect.
2. Look up the keywords of the two planets entering into the aspect. There are three sets. The basic keywords apply in all cases. The positive qualities are used in addition to the basic keywords with harmonious aspects. The negative qualities are used in addition to the basic keywords with inharmonious aspects. The word "negative" is here used to denote the results of these qualities rather than the qualities themselves.
3. Ascertain the keywords for the two signs containing the two planets. The positive qualities of the sign are used in addition to its basic keywords when the planet in it is in good aspect. The negative qualities of the sign are used with the basic keywords when the planet is adversely aspected.
4. Combine the keywords of each planet with the keywords of the sign in which it is placed to determine the corresponding type of character.
5. Combine the keywords of the two planets by themselves, taking into account the aspect, harmonious or inharmonious, indicating whether the qualities of the two planets will work together or in opposition to each other, to determine the character as given by the aspect in the abstract.
6. Ascertain the keywords for the two houses containing the two planets.
7. Combine the keywords of each planet with the keywords of the house in which it is placed, leaving out of consideration temporarily the aspect in order to determine the planetary influence in the house.
8. Consider the action of the affairs of one house upon the affairs of the the other as brought about by the aspect between the two planets; that is, a harmonious aspect will enable the affairs of one house to reinforce those of the other, and an inharmonious aspect will cause the affairs of one house to detract from those of the other.
9. Consider the reaction of the affairs of the second of the two houses upon those of the first, following the method indicated in No. 8.
10. Correlate and balance all the elements above mentioned into one composite judgment which will express in everyday language the net results without any reference to aspects of other astrological elements.
11. When reading an entire horoscope, correlate and balance similarly the effects of all the planets, house and sign positions, and aspects.
Nature of the Sign
Cardinal signs: Initiative, activity
Fixed Signs: Stability
Common Signs: Flexibility
Fire Signs: Spiritual power, impulse
Earth Signs: Materialism
Air Signs: Intellectuality
Water Signs: Spiritual and psychic qualities, emotion
Keywords of the Signs
Basic: Self-esteem, initiative, pioneering.
Positive: Ambition, courage, enterprise.
Negative: Self-will, temper, brusqueness, overbearance.
Basic: Determination, interest in mundane affairs.
Positive: Endurance, thoroughness, conservatism, harmony.
Negative: Obstinacy, argumentativeness.
Basic: Intellectuality, literary affairs, work with hands, dualism.
Negative: Changeability, indecision, superficiality.
Basic: Love of home, capacity for home building, impressionability.
Positive: Sympathy, sensitiveness, artistry.
Negative: Clannishness, timidity, restlessness, indolence.
— Back to Top —
Basic: Vitality, authority.
Positive: Affection, nobility, generosity, loyalty, dignity, leadership.
Negative: Arrogance, autocracy, cruelty, overbearing, vanity, ostentatiousness.
Basic: Service, mentality.
Positive: Discrimination, analysis, studiousness, hygienics, purity.
Negative: Criticism, cynicism, introspection, fear of disease.
Basic: Capacity for partnership, art.
Positive: Balance, justice, courtesy, hopefulness, artistic ability.
Negative: Indecision, lack of poise, emotional fluctuation.
Basic: Secret forces of nature, sex, healing power, military affairs, surgery, magic.
Positive: Regeneration, courage, resourcefulness, ability for secret investigations.
Negative: Discord, misuse of sex, passion, temper, willfulness, vindictiveness, jealousy.
Basic: Aspiration, idealism, orthodox religion, philosophy, law.
Positive: Generosity, love of out-door life and athletics.
Negative: Over-confidence, dogmatism, fanaticism.
Basic: Position, honors, ambition.
Positive: justice, organization, caution, economy, authority.
Negative: Pride, suspicion, resentfulness, pessimism, unforgiveness, justice without mercy.
Basic: Humanitarianism, science, new systems, corporations, universality, universal friendship.
Positive: Progressiveness, cooperation, diplomacy.
Negative: Impracticableness, undervaluation of personal friendship, dictatorship.
Basic: Sensitiveness to superphysical influences, sense of unity with all life, mysticism, ripe destiny.
Positive: Intuitiveness, inspiration, compassion, renunciation.
Negative: Psychic negativeness, introspection, lack of confidence, secretiveness, procrastination, sorrow.
Keywords of the Planets
Basic: Individuality, what one really is, vitality, will, chief ambitions, those in authority, men.
Positive: Generosity, dignity.
Negative: Despotism, arrogance, ostentation, lack of ambition, animalistic qualities.
Basic: Personality, imagination, instinctual mind, emotions, change, fecundation, the people, women.
Positive: Positive psychic qualities, personal magnetism.
Negative: Negativeness, visionariness, dreaming, vacillation, frivolity, fretfulness, procrastination, indecision, incorrect impressions.
Basic: Reason; self-expression of all kinds; speaking, writing, gestures; knowledge through reason.
Positive: Quick-wittedness, eloquence, literary ability, dexterity.
Negative: Restlessness, gossip, profanity, demagogy, dishonesty, deceit, nervousness, worry, indecision, forgetfulness, clumsiness.
Basic: Attraction, cohesion, coalition, personal love, social instincts and activities, art, ornamentation, beauty.
Positive: Harmony, artistic ability, cheerfulness, suavity.
Negative: Sensuality, dissoluteness, vulgarity, sloth, laziness, sentimentality, vanity, inconstancy.
Basic: Dynamic energy.
Positive: Constructiveness, courage, enterprise, enthusiasm, gallantry.
Negative: Combativeness, friction, temper, destructiveness, passion, lustfulness, impulsiveness, audacity, coarseness, egotism.
— Back to Top —
Basic: Expansion, vision, optimism, ideation, orthodox religious tendencies.
Positive: Benevolence, broad-mindedness, executive ability, legal ability, respect for law, honor, charity, reverence, conservatism, opulence, popularity, success.
Negative: Overconfidence, extravagance, indolence, prodigality, showiness, bombast, dissipation, sportiness, lawlessness, procrastination.
Basic: Contraction, persistence, caution.
Positive: Faithfulness, stability, concentration, analysis system, building qualities, tact, diplomacy, justice, thrift, economy, deliberation, conservatism, endurance, discipline.
Negative: Crystallization, obstruction, selfishness, slowness, fearfulness, limitation, materialism, melancholy, pessimism, avarice, secretiveness, suspicion, severity, cynicism.
Basic: The Awakener; altruism, inventiveness, originality, sudden action, unconventionality.
Positive: Progressiveness, universality, universal love of humanity, impersonality, independence, love of liberty, romance, intuition.
Negative: Eccentricity, spasmodic action, bohemianism, fanaticism, irresponsibility, licentiousness, anarchy.
Basic: Superphysical entities of all degrees and impressions from them. Divinity, esotericism, knowledge from sources above reason, viz., superphysical beings.
Positive: Spirituality, intuition, inspiration, clairvoyance, prophecy, devotion, music.
Negative: Delusions, chaotic mental conditions, morbidity, fraud, incoherence, deception, dishonesty, mediumship.
Basic: Renewing, enlivening, breaking open, germinating, erupting, reorganizing, provoking, transition.
Positive: Regeneration, transmutation, positive clairvoyance, revivification, universal welfare, motivation to strive for spiritual power.
Negative: Force, defiance, death, destruction, fanaticism, struggle, sensuality, regimentation, underworld, black magic, decomposition.
Keywords of the Houses
1st. Beginnings, early environment, personality, physical body.
2nd. Finance, freedom given by money.
3rd. Lower mind and speaking, short journeys, brothers and sisters.
4th. The home, the mother, conditions at end of life, lands, and mines.
5th. Pleasure, education, children, publications, specualation.
6th. Service, relations with employers and employees, health and sickness.
7th. Partnership, marriage, the public.
8th. Legacies, cause of death, esoteric tragedy, regeneration.
9th. Higher mind, religion, law, long journeys.
10th. Profession, standing in community, the father.
11th. Friends, hopes, and wishes.
12th. Paying debts of destiny, limitations, institutions for care of unfortunates, secrecy, mysticism.
Keywords of Aspects
The keyword of an aspect is usually a verb denoting action which connects the affairs ruled by one planet, its sign and house, with the affairs ruled by the other planet and its sign and house.
The keywords of the sextile and trine are verbs which express reinforcement, assistance, and cooperation.
The keywords of the square are verbs which express obstruction, inharmony, or detraction.
The keywords of the opposition in the case of the average person are similar to those of the square. The opposition, however, usually brings into play the two directly opposite signs of the zodiac, which constitute the two poles of one department of nature. Therefore these two signs have a certain affinity between them which tends to reduce the inharmony of the opposition and make it less than that of the square. For instance, Leo represents the personal love for one's one children; Aquarius represents the impersonal, universal, altruistic love for the children of all people, namely, humanity. Therefore the opposition of Jupiter in Leo to the Sun in Aquarius, for example, is not as inharmonious as the square between Jupiter in Leo and the Sun in Scorpio, the sign of militarism and force. In the case of advanced egos the opposition may become an aspect of great power.
The keywords of the conjunction are the same as those for the trine or the square depending respectively on whether the conjunction is harmonious or inharmonious. For information as to the harmony and inharmony of conjunctions see Simplified Scientific Astrology.
Planets represent the driving forces.
Signs represent the static forces which color and modify the influence of the planets.
Planets in signs indicate the character and inner capacities.
Planets in houses give the circumstantial details of the life.
The aspects indicate harmony or disharmony between the planetary influences.
Key to the Chart:
Astrology is a science of probabilities. Any aspect, position, or configuration may represent any one of a number of possibilities, and the only way to get a reasonable line on which one of these will develop is first to ascertain the key to the chart as a whole. The key is usually found in some strong group of planets or in the ruling planet. For instance, if a person has the 12th house occupied by two or three of the strong planets, we know that he is more or less of the mystical type and therefore, he will be interested in the mystical aspect of life. Then, since he is mystically inclined, if in the same chart there are planets in the 8th house, which rules legacies and also latent esoteric ability and regeneration, we judge that the native will be more interested in the two latter matters than in legacies of money or property, and that legacies therefore will play a comparatively unimportant part in his life even if he should receive any.
— Back to Top —
No Evil In Planetary Vibrations:
There is no evil in any planet. The only evil that may result from planetary vibrations comes from out misuse of them or our inability to control them. Any planet emits exactly the same vibrations at all times. But the square between two planets tends to incite to excess in the use of these vibrations and to carry activities that come under their influence to such an extreme that they become evil.
Example of the Method of Reading an Aspect
The Sun in Capricorn in the 7th House, Sextile to Saturn in Scorpio in the 5th House:
1. The sextile aspect is harmonious indicating that the native uses good judgment in all matters ruled by this aspect.
2. The keywords of the Sun may be found here and the keywords of Saturn here. Use the basic and positive keywords in both cases.
3. The keywords of Scorpio and Capricorn will be found here and here. Use the basic and positive keywords in both cases.
4. Sun in Capricorn:
Justice (Capricorn) blended with generosity (Sun). Ambition (Sun) for position and honor (Capricorn).
Saturn in Scorpio: Persistence and concentration (Saturn) in investigating the secret forces
of nature (Scorpio) such as those of chemistry or esotericism. Conservative (Saturn) in methods of healing (Scorpio).
5. The Sun sextile Saturn:
Diplomacy and tact (Saturn) in all dealings with men (Sun). Capability of effort (Sun) sustained (Saturn) over a long period.
6. The keywords of the 5th and 7th houses may be found here.
7. The Sun in the 7th house:
The main ambitions of the life (Sun) are in connection with partnerships (7th) and the public or some form of publicity (7th). Gives a generous, virile (Sun) marriage partner (7th).
Saturn in the 5th house:
Conservative (Saturn) in educational methods (5th), also in investments (5th). System (Saturn) in publishing matters (5th). Few (Saturn) children (5th). Serious (Saturn) in pleasures (5th).
8. Action of the 5th house affairs upon those of the 7th, using the Sevenfold combination of Keywords: Here we have seven keywords to combine into a key sentence or paragraph. These keywords are those of the Sun, Saturn, Capricorn, Scorpio, 5th house, 7th house, and the sextile. Through persistence and diplomacy (Saturn) the native has the capacity to succeed in publishing (5th) articles or books on chemistry or esoteric philosophy (Scorpio) or some other branch of science. These books would bring (sextile) him publicity (7th), gain (sextile) him the confidence of men in authority (Sun), and enhance (sextile) his position in the world (Capricorn).
9. Reaction of the 7th house affairs upon those of the 5th, using the Sevenfold Combination of keywords: Partnerships (7th) are likely to be formed with those in authority (Sun), and through them the native rises in position and power (Capricorn). The resulting publicity (7th) would help (sextile) him to sell the books he had published (5th), and through his thrift (Saturn) he would conserve the income from his books (5th). He would thus be enabled to start an educational system (5th) devoted to some of the secret science (Scorpio) or to healing (Scorpio) through the power of concentration (Saturn).
10. Summation in non-technical language:
Character of the Native:
The individual has a strong, stable character so far as this aspect goes. He is worthy of trust, commands the confidence of men, and is capable of holding positions of responsibility, in which he will use diplomacy and be faithful to his trust. he is patient, persistence, and capable of sustained effort in any chosen line of endeavor. He is generous to a certain degree but prudence rules his generosity. He has an ambition to rise in the world. he has a liking for the secret sciences and the ability to investigate them by analytical means. He is conservative ij his business methods and has good judgment in the matter of investments. He is serious in his pleasures.
He will gain the confidence of men in positions of prominence, who will perceive his ability and help him to rise to places of authority and trust. His rise will be slow but steady. He should be successful in entering into partnerships which will promote his material interests. He has the possibility of succeeding in the field of publications, educational work, or the investment field. He may specialize in or make any one of these his major work. He will obtain throughout his life a considerable amount of favorable publicity as the result of the above conditions. He should be successful in marriage, and will probably marry a woman of the vital, commanding type who is also ambitious for material success. He will have few children, they will, however, be well brought up, but subjected to considerable discipline.
As indicated here, the preliminary analysis of Steps No's. 1 to 9, inclusive, may be omitted after sufficient practice, and the net result of Step No. 10 given at once.
An abbreviated method which, however, does not give as complete results as the above, is merely to select a keyword for each of the planets, signs, and houses involved and also one for the aspect. Then combine these into a sentence that indicates a plausible, reasonable deduction. By using different keywords several such sentences may be made, each indicating some possible aspect or phase of the life. This is in reality an expansion of Step No. 8, omitting all the other steps.
End of Astrological Keyword System
Contemporary Mystic Christianity
This web page has been edited and/or excerpted from reference material, has been modified from it's original version, and is in conformance with the web host's Members Terms & Conditions. This website is offered to the public by students of The Rosicrucian Teachings, and has no official affiliation with any organization.
| Mobile Version |